Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year 2014

 
                

      In all honesty I gave up on New Year's resolutions several years ago.  Not because I was never able to achieve any of them, but because I was never able to follow through with any of them.   Of course, there is there ever popular weight loss goal (I say that as I am sitting here drinking Green Tea, and chomping down on peanut clusters) the goal to make more time for yourself, love more, or just to be a better person.  Maybe at some point it was the intervention a life that kept me from proceeding with resolutions, or maybe it was that I was younger and that I knew that I had plenty of time to change myself.
     When I attempted to do the weight loss, I DID! I lost the weight, made an attempt to eat more healthier and it really worked. My downfall was that I was not able to maintain the resolution, and I found myself starting from scratch the following year. I think that the older we get, we gain a greater sense of responsibility, maturity, and appreciation for those and the things around us. (AND HUMOR>>>DONT FORGET HUMOR - EVERYONE NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH!)
     So this year I decided to called it a more of a achievement than a resolution. So I started rather small and this is what I came up with. (I decided to steer clear of the more common ones)

-     I want to work more on my trade.  So I have made it a daily goal to read at least one photography related article every day, and try to teach myself something new. If I learn something, I fully intend to share.

-    My next one is too read more, and by that I mean books.  I have a small collection of books that I want to read, but some of them have never even been open.

-  My next one is to dive head-first into the photo industry.  Starting your own business came be a little terrifying, but there is plenty of resources available and I intend to use every one of them.

-  Lastly, I do have a few more in the works, but I will keep them to myself until the time is right.  Until then I will focus on maintaining the goals that I have already accomplished - and just broaden my horizons a little more.

Cheers!

P.S. - keep an eye out for a update, as I will keep you posted on my progress.
              

 

No comments:

Post a Comment