Sunday, February 9, 2014

I can't just jump in!?



I would think that at some point every has seen some kind of meme floating around the internet that goes something like this:

What my friends thinks that I do...
What my Mom thinks I do...
What society thinks I do... etc. 

They is a very great deal of truth to this depending on what type of profession that you are in. Some people make it look really easy, when in fact it is farther from the truth that you would think.  People do this because it is something that they have a great deal of interest it, or it is something that are are rather passionate about. 

A great deal of people spend their life on the edge of a cliff because they are afraid to make the leap into something that they really want to do. Truth be told - If you are passionate enough about something , and you devote a great deal of energy and resources to it, you will eventually turn a profit.  (Hence the phrase, I have a degree in underwater basket-weaving.)

So for the past several months I have been watching, learning, and listening to what might make me a better photographer.  There is an incredible amount of resources out the available to teach you , guide you, and inform you of the pitfalls.  Having said that, I am going to be one of those people that decided to go ahead and make the jump, and see where it it takes me. 

So the truth to this is YES, you really can jump in! 

- A classmate took this of me abut 5 years ago,  so I think I am pretty comfortable in saying that I have come quite a ways already. 



No comments:

Post a Comment