Sunday, July 24, 2016

Beer Can Chicken

It is likely from this post that you have an idea of where this blog might be going, but I will leave that up to you.  Most of our weekends during the summer are spent outside, with the grill, drink in hand...you get the idea.  Last weekend we tried beer can chicken for the first time, and this is how it went. 


We used the normal stand (which was a wedding gift) and some cheap beer.  More often than not I take recipes and make it my own, so this is what we came up with. 

Take a couple of big swigs out of the beer, and leave about 3/4 left.  I took the rest of the space and filled it with Fireball Whiskey, just to see. Not too bad...it had sort of a cinnamon taste.  Of course, there are other things that you can experiment with.  

I cooked it on the grill for about 2-3 hours (until it tempted right) just over the normal coals. Wasn't to bad at all, which gives me some other ideas for future weekends. 

Definitely something try if you enjoy the grill.  So now I am off to see what to come up with something for this weekend.  I''l keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment